We are looking for a talented R/Shiny Cloud Solutions Architect to join our expanding team, ideally having already been involved in the design and deployment of R/Shiny SaaS systems. You will define and create our cloud infrastructure from scratch, so there will be plenty of scope, creativity and opportunity to apply yourself. We’re looking for a hands on attitude and a creative thinker.
BigOmics Analytics is a data analytics SaaS startup for big data in the area of next-generation genomics that wants to change the way bioinformatics is done. BigOmics’ mission is to build next generation self-service data analytics platforms for biologists — empowering life scientists to see and understand their omics data themselves. We believe that with data analytics we can cure cancer and other complex diseases.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Be responsible for our cloud server infrastructure for computing, storage, network, data transfer, container orchestration, perimeter security, logging, and monitoring.
- Develop and execute effective scaling and deployment solutions. Focus on operational excellence and cost optimization.
- Integrate SSO, online payment, online support API.
- Develop and orchestrate data analytics workflows, user KPI monitoring and data management in the cloud.
What we are looking for…
- You are an experienced cloud engineer operating with prior experience in the design, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of large-scale SaaS platforms.
- Demonstrated mastery in container technologies (Docker/Swarm/Kubernetes), cloud (Azure/AWS), AWS Fargate, SSO, Auth0, Cognito, Nginx load balancing, and web-server configuration.
- Experience with R/Shiny, RStudio, ShinyProxy.
- Full stack engineering experience is a plus.
- Someone who is passionate about Big Data and data analytics. Understanding of biology and bioinformatics is a plus.
- Someone who is an overachiever and stress-resistant. Eager to deliver. Able to think outside the box.
What we offer…
We offer a competitive salary and generous compensation plan. You will join an ambitious and passionate team in the rapidly growing Life Science data analytics market. We offer a vibrant working atmosphere with a true start-up mentality at our brand-new office in the beautiful city of Lugano in Ticino, the scenic southern Swiss province. Milan, Italy’s center of fashion and finance, is 1 hour away, Venice 3 hours. Switzerland is the world’s leading science nation. It is the origin of special relativity and the World Wide Web, boasts far more Nobel prizes per capita than any other nation, has the highest income per capita, low taxes and perhaps the best chocolate. It’s also the happiest country (1990s average), according to the Happiness Foundation.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us why you want to join BigOmics and what set of skills you would bring to the team.