BigOmics Analytics is a data analytics SaaS startup for big data in the area of next-generation genomics that wants to change the way bioinformatics is done. BigOmics’ mission is to build next generation self-service data analytics platforms for biologists — empowering life scientists to see and understand their omics data themselves. We believe that with data analytics we can cure cancer and other complex diseases.
We are looking for a talented Chief Software Architect with R/Shiny experience to join our expanding team, ideally knowing R/Shiny and having already been involved in the design and deployment of SaaS systems. You will define and create our SaaS infrastructure from scratch, so there will be plenty of scope, creativity and opportunity to apply yourself. We’re looking for a hands on attitude and a creative thinker.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Be responsible for the design, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of our SaaS software stack.
- Be responsible for our cloud server infrastructure for computing, storage, network, data transfer, container orchestration, perimeter security, logging, and monitoring.
- Develop and execute effective scaling and deployment solutions. Focus on operational excellence and cost optimization.
- Integrate SSO, online payment, online support API.
- Develop and orchestrate data analytics workflows, user KPI monitoring and data management in the cloud.
What we are looking for…
- You are an experienced software engineer with prior experience in creating large-scale SaaS platforms.
- Strong experience with R/Shiny, RStudio, ShinyProxy.
- Demonstrated mastery in container technologies (Docker/Swarm/Kubernetes), cloud (Azure/AWS), AWS Fargate, SSO, Auth0, Cognito, Nginx load balancing, and web-server configuration.
- Full stack engineering experience is a plus.
- Someone who is passionate about Big Data and data analytics. Understanding of biology and bioinformatics is a plus.
What we offer…
“I think the biggest innovations of the 21st century will be at the intersection of biology and technology.” said Steve Jobs. You will join an ambitious and passionate team in the rapidly growing field of Life Science data analytics. We offer a competitive salary and generous compensation plan. We offer a vibrant working atmosphere with a true start-up mentality at our brand-new office in the beautiful city of Lugano in Ticino, the scenic southern Swiss province. Milan, Italy’s center of fashion and finance, is 1 hour away, Venice 3 hours. Switzerland is the world’s leading science nation. It is the origin of special relativity and the World Wide Web, boasts far more Nobel prizes per capita than any other nation, has the highest income per capita, low taxes and perhaps the best chocolate. It’s also the happiest country (1990s average), according to the Happiness Foundation.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us why you want to join BigOmics and what set of skills you would bring to the team.