We are seeking a highly motivated and expert R/Shiny Web Application Developer to join our expanding team. You will be joining a highly collaborative team of developers, bioinformaticians and biologists who work together to develop next-generation data analytics platforms. You will be working to further develop and create new biodata analytics platforms. We’re looking for a hands on attitude and a creative thinker.
BigOmics Analytics is a biodata intelligence startup that aims to disrupt data analytics in digital health. At BigOmics, we love Big Data and Biology and we believe that data analytics can accelerate scientific discoveries and the development of new treatments. Our mission is to empower biologists with self-service analytics tools, so they can see and understand their data themselves faster and smarter.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Contribute to the development, programming and testing of our visual analytics platforms.
- Improve efficiency, modularity, robustness and quality of our software stack.
- Conceive and implement new computation and visualization modules.
- Bring in your own ideas and create your own innovations in data visualization for life scientists.
What we are looking for…
- Demonstrated mastery in advanced R/Shiny: async, futures, modules, R6/S4 classes.
- Good experience managing large production-level R/Shiny projects using best practices: Git, DockerHub, CI/CD, automated UI and load testing (shinytest, shinyloadtest), profiling (profvis), etc.
- Experience with web frameworks such as Vue, React, and/or Angular and their integration into R/Shiny.
- Experience with creating R packages and HTML widgets.
- You have a good sense of UI/UX design.
- Bioinformatics experience with omics biodata (NGS, single-cell data, multi-omics), omics computational pipelines and other genomic technologies.
What we offer…
“I think the biggest innovations of the 21st century will be at the intersection of biology and technology.” said Steve Jobs. You will join an ambitious and passionate team in the rapidly growing field of Life Science data analytics. We offer a competitive salary and generous compensation plan. We offer a vibrant working atmosphere with a true start-up mentality at our brand-new office in the beautiful city of Lugano in Ticino, the scenic southern Swiss province. Milan, Italy’s center of fashion and finance, is 1 hour away, Venice 3 hours. Switzerland is the world’s leading science nation. It is the origin of special relativity and the World Wide Web, boasts far more Nobel prizes per capita than any other nation, has the highest income per capita, low taxes and perhaps the best chocolate. It’s also the happiest country (1990s average), according to the Happiness Foundation.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us why you want to join BigOmics and what set of skills you would bring to the team