Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take to battle diseases and improve the health of us and our loved ones. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
BigOmics’ mission is to create data discovery software for everyone and fast-track omics analysis. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use BigOmics Playground to make the most out of their data and accelerate time to milestones and markets.
Come and help us accelerate biotech R&D through the power of data.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sales Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting.
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers while building a pipeline for Account Executives
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests and MQLs, via telephone and email, for scientific fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in Salesforce and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision-makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision-makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at BigOmics field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
- Staff tradeshows and follow-up on leads collected at the BigOmics booth
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences required (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry), Postgraduate welcomed
- Recent graduate or 1-2 years of work experience as a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative function
- Alternatively, strong interest in an SDR role with some prior life sciences experience
- Passionate about BigOmics’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
- Gritty and resourceful
- Methodical and disciplined work ethic
- Fluency in English and knowledge of other languages (Spanish desired)
BigOmics welcomes everyone!
We believe diversity enriches our team, so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. We are an equal-opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.