Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take to battle diseases and improve the health of us and our loved ones. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
BigOmics’ mission is to create data discovery software for everyone and fast-track omics analysis. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use BigOmics Playground to make the most out of their data and accelerate time to milestones and markets.
Come and help us accelerate biotech R&D through the power of data.
The BigOmics’ Scientific Solution Advisors (SSA) are the primary solution leads with BigOmics’ customers and prospects. This is a pre-sales role, and as such the SSA works closely with BigOmics sales team and developers to ensure the best solutions are presented. The SSA works with senior scientific and Bioinformatics leaders from prospects and customers, to establish credibility and confidence from the first meeting, and to create solutions based on cutting-edge technologies.
The SSA must be comfortable with Omics data analysis, have experience with SaaS solutions, and be adept at working with internal and external leaders and stakeholders. They must work as a trusted adviser to translate customer objectives into detailed solutions and effectively communicate and demonstrate those solutions to prospects and customers.
- Effectively partner with account executives to deliver high-velocity customer engagements that lead to selection.
- Manage organized discoveries to uncover customer needs and requirements that relate to decision criteria and key business issues.
- Present and demonstrate the solution in a persuasive way based on key messages, decision criteria, and key business issues. Manage customer questions and objections and resolve concerns. Ensure that the solution is presented competitively, with awareness of alternatives including build in-house.
- Engage with product management to provide insight into prospect and customer needs and industry trends. Influence the roadmap for market success. Ensure that the roadmap is clear to customers as required to influence buying decisions.
- Provide leadership by creating reusable solutions, content, and training for key areas. Work with the extended team to ensure that they are successful and learn from your expertise. Mentor and partner with other SSAs to build their success.
- Have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in a biomedical discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, or a related field. Ideally, at least 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience in the interpretation of omics data
- Bioinformatic knowledge of omics data analysis is a plus
- Previous customer-facing and technical solutions consulting experience is also a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively showcase data analysis processes based on product knowledge and industry best practices. Prior experience in working with digital analysis solutions is desired.
- Experience working in the biotech sector is welcome but not required
- Understand the lifecycle of biopharma drug research and development, tech transfer, and manufacturing. Specifically, understand what requirements and outcomes motivate each team and how to properly address them with a software solution.
- Ability to perform business and needs analysis is a plus. As well as having prior experience working with stakeholders to understand scientific challenges, business needs and critical requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied stakeholders to ensure that all needs are met (Ideally able to communicate with both biologists and programmers effectively)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 10-20% when it is safe to do so.
BigOmics welcomes everyone!
We believe diversity enriches our team, so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. We are an equal-opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.