Information We Collect:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, we collect and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account, upgrade to a paid plan and set up two-factor authentication (such as your name, email address, phone number, payment info and physical address).
- Your datasets. Our Service allows you to upload your datasets on our platforms to analyse your data in a simple and safe way. After uploading your data, a binary object is pre-computed to enable fast and interactive visualization and exploration of your data. Note that a binary object is not stored on our servers during the pre-computation phase. You have two options:
- Download your datasets to your local computer. This option guarantees you that your data will not be made accessible to us and other users of the platforms.
- Store it on the cloud. This enables easy and frequent access. You can store your data for free of charge with our Basic edition. However, please be aware that your data will be available for other users as well. If you want your data to be privately stored on the cloud, please subscribe to the Professional edition.
- Device information. We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Service. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our Site or after using our Site, and the dates and times when you visited, accessed or used the Site and the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Service.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners.
- Marketing. We give users the option to some parts of our Service free of charge. This free Service is made possible by the fact that some users upgrade to one of our paid services. If you register for our Service, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades when permissible. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you don’t want to receive a particular type of marketing material from us, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the corresponding emails.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
When We Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. Where such Personal Information is so required, we may be unable to provide you with our Service unless you provide us with this information. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
- We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We may disclose information about you with your consent.
Legal basis for processing personal information.
We only process your Personal Information when we have a valid legal basis, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Service, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Site and Service. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted.
- You may decline to share certain information with us at any time and free of charge. In this case, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for longer period of time for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending your request to us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that limited period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
- You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
The Service is related to third-party services, such as trusted cloud service for online file storage and social networking sites. Trusted cloud services allow individuals and businesses to use our platforms without the need to download or install them in their infrastructure by following strict data privacy rules. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
We use certain technical and managerial safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your data and the information that we collect and maintain. When uploading your data to our platforms, you can either decide to download the pre-computed data to your local computer or store it on the cloud. Additionally, our platforms accept the data only at an anonymous level, such as gene counts or protein abundance levels. Regarding the information we collect about you on the Site, we keep this information secure and we do not share it with others. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
How long we keep your Personal Information
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Service provided to you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
BigOmics Analytics is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
BigOmics Analytics SA
c/o USI Startup Centre
Via La Santa 1, 6962 Viganello